Writing an essay can be a daunting task for both teachers and students in terms of creating and crafting a high quality essay, and finally editing and grading them.
It seems though we may have overlooked one of the toughest steps in writing an essay and that is actually selecting an appropriate and interesting topic for your students.
Thankfully I have put together a list of 25 great essay topics that might just make that process a little easier. Enjoy. And remember to add any other great suggestions in the comment section below.
If you are still struggling with the essay writing process and need further guidance be sure to check out our definitive guide to writing a great essay.
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Imaginethat your teacher wants to teach a new subject for the next few weeks. Your teacher will take suggestions, and then let the students vote on the new subject. What subject should your class choose? Write an essay to support your choice and to persuade the other students to vote for your choice.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms or have a dress code?
- Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of GLOBAL peace and stability. Are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Pretend you woke up one day and there were no rules. People could suddenly do whatever they wanted! Explain what the world would be like. Use your imagination!
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Is fashion important?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Ifyou had the opportunity to bring any person — past or present, fictional or nonfictional — to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favourite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- The destruction of the world’s forests is inevitable as our need for land and food grows. Do you agree?
- Many parents give their children certain chores or tasks to do at home. Should children have to do chores or tasks at home? Be sure to explain why you think it is a good idea or a bad idea. Include examples to support your reasons.
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks?
- Should more be done to protect and preserve endangered animals?
Friendship is a feeling of love, affection, emotion, and respect for one person to another. Life is pointless without a friend. A good friend shares your sorrows and joys. He / She weeps when you are in problem. He / She retards your problems and gives you consolation. Friendship forges a life in all ways.We have provided an essay on My Best Friend in different words limit. You can choose any according to you fulfilment.
Essay on My Best Friend 10 Lines1.Ramesh is my best friend.
2. He is of my age.
3. He is a good student.
4. His face is always smiling.
5. He is very neat and clean in his dress.
6. We study together.
7. Ramesh is very good at his studies.
8. He never neglects his studies.
9. He has a cheerful nature.
10. For his efforts & honest labour, I love him very much.
Essay on My Best Friend 100 wordsSangram is my best friend. He is with me in the same class. He is a good student. He stands first in the class. He has good manners and studies well. He does not quarrel with anybody. In the evening I go to his house, and we study and play together. His mother loves me very much. Sangram also comes to my house very often. Sangram has no brothers and sisters. So he likes my younger brothers.On every Sunday in the afternoon, we go together to the riverside. He has a hobby of drawing and painting. He is friendly to all his school-mates. We both study and play together.Sangram is a real friend.
Essay on My Best Fiend 150 to 200 wordsI have many friends, but Lakshman is my best friend. He reads in our class. He is of equal age with me. He is a brilliant boy. He always stands first in our class. He is very regular, obedient and respectful to his parents and teachers. Though he is brilliant, he is not at all proud. He never thinks highly of himself, and he mixes with his friends openly. Lakshman is good at games also. He is the captain of a football team of our school. He also plays hockey and volleyball well. He is quite fond of my company and goes out with me for a walk every day. We both help each other in times of need. Sometimes he invites me to his house. His parents feed me and talk with me. We never quarrel with each other. He is very simple in his dress. Though his father is quite wealthy, Lakshman does not spend money uselessly. Instead, he uses his pocket money to help the poor and needy students of the school. All the teachers love and trust him. He is also a very popular student of our school. We shall remain valid and faithful forever. My friend is the dearest to me. I feel pleased when he is with me. We sit and talk together for hours.I shall never go against him at any time. I am proud of my friend.
Essay on My Best Friend 300 to 400 words
A true friend is the best possession. I have three or four friends, but my dear friend is Animesh. He stands by me in weal and woe. I love him very much. Our friendship is tested on the touchstone of time. It is a rare instance in the world of falsehood.
How you Friendship began:
My friendship with Animesh began when we were quite young. He lives our next door. His father is my father's closest friend. So, our friendship is an inherited one. We have been friends ever since we started playing in the street. We had many a quarrel as we were playing together. For our early schooling, we both took admission in the Primary School. Then we went to Highschool together.We passed the ICSE. Examination with flying colours. But Animesh's achievements in the examination are certainly better than mine. We are now in college working hard for our career.
Your Friend’s Physical Features:
Animesh is no way young boy of standard height. He has a strong physique and pleasing personality. He looks quite smart. He is very funny. His company will never bore you, and He is a boy of good manners and healthy habits. His philosophy of making friends with one and all is unique. He has developed a good habit of writing poetry. Whenever he sits alone, he scribbles some lines giving vent to his poetic thoughts. His poems appear in the Magazines of Delhi. He is a nice debate. He bags prizes in all debate competitions held in the town. He is a good actor too. He appears in various roles on the stage and keeps the audience spellbound.
His Future Plans and contribution in your Life:
He is a boy of lofty ambition. He wants to take the competitive examinations of all India cadre and get himself selected. He has a dream of becoming an excellent administrative officer. He has also cherished an ambition to become a poet of repute. I too have an aim to be an executive officer. Animesh is an inspiration to me in building up my career. He works hard to fulfil his dream and wants me to do the same. His association will certainly help me achieve my goal.
Animesh and I have visited many a historical place during the last couple of years. We have had many outings and picnics during the winter. We enjoyed these visits a lot.
Our friendship is tested by time, and it will remain till our last breath. We appreciate each other's views. This doesn't mean that we are slaves to each other. We have our differences too. But they hardly stand in our way to friendship. Animesh is my best friend, and he will remain to be the best all my life. We are very much close to each other now; the time will come when we will be separated by the career we are going to take up. But our friendship will never fade away. It is evergreen. It will go on until the sun grows cold.It is deathless.
Related Essays and Paragraph for Children and School Students: